Safety Warnings / Product Disclaimers
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
We use your information, including your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Recommend to you on the Site, using your email and/or phone number (via SMS) products that are available on our Site and in your size to help to promote our business and tailor our advertising to you;
- Improve the products offered on the Site for research and analytical purposes to help make sure we are producing products that serve our customer base, for example, by keeping a record of the sizes of blankets, colours and styles, which are ordered and how this changes over time;
- Share messages with you to acknowledge certain dates that you have provided us (e.g. to acknowledge your birthday) to provide a personal customer experience, promote our business and tailor our advertising to you;
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network in order to take steps to respond to your request to set up an account;
- Identify you as a user in our system to respond to requests which you may send to us, promote our business, help tailor our Site and advertising to you, take steps to help secure the Site and monitor performance of the Site itself. We do this by automatically collecting your IP address and/or generating a unique ID and using cookies and other similar technologies which allow us to know that you have landed on the Site;
- Provide you with a streamlined checkout experience to respond to a request from you to buy products, provide our Products to you, protect and secure our business and deliver our ads and a smooth customer experience to you. We will use the details you provide to us and information we collect automatically via cookies;
- Process and fulfil your orders or contact you concerning the status of an order to provide the products to you and respond to your requests and to help ensure a good customer experience using the details you submit when you place an order or when you reach out to us (which may include your name, email and shipping address and payment information);
- Provide improved administration of our Site and services to protect, secure and promote our business and deliver a smooth customer experience to you by using the information you provide directly to us and that which we collect automatically;
- To improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website and emails, to respond to a request from you when you are purchasing or taking steps to purchase our products and to protect and secure our business and deliver a smooth customer experience. Similar to the above we do this using both the information you provide directly to us and the information we collect automatically;
- Send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created to protect and secure our Site and services requested by you;
- Send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories to administer your account, update you on your order protect and secure our business and deliver seamless customer experience to you;
- Respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- Provide you with targeted offers and advertising, including on the Site, via direct mail, SMS messages, e-mail, or push notifications, and to contact you about upcoming sales, promotions, offers and product information to help to promote our business and tailor our advertising to you;
- You may also receive our offers in advertising that is directed to you via third party websites and media properties, including in social media to help to promote our business and personalise our ads. We will primarily use information collected about you automatically or through our advertising partners to deliver these ads. Please see the cookies section for further information including how to update your preferences (including how to opt-out);
- Send purchase confirmation emails to fulfil our obligations to you;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our products and for other marketing purposes via email and using your email and phone number (via SMS) to help promote our business and tailor our advertising to you;
- To administer our loyalty program where you have requested to be a member;
- To comply with our legal obligations where required;
- To administer our referral program; and for other business purposes in the context of a merger, acquisition, asset sale/purchase or administration/bankruptcy.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdrawing your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - Big Commerce
Our store is hosted on Big Commerce Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Big Commerce’s data storage, databases and the general Big Commerce application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Big Commerce stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Big Commerce’s Terms of Service here https://www.bigcommerce.com/terms/ or Privacy Statement here https://www.bigcommerce.com/privacy/.
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
As you browse the Pipermoon website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in.
When you first visit our Site, you will be notified that we use first and third party cookies to help the Site function efficiently, to give you a smooth customer experience and to deliver our ads. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and similar technologies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser settings to prevent that. We also give you information about how to disable cookies below. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of all aspects of our Site and some aspects such as the online ordering process may not work at all if you do so.
A number of cookies and similar technologies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Others are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer. Some cookies will also record where you came to our Site from and where you visit once you have left our Site.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com.